Application to the Doctor of Philosophy Program in Development Administration
Now - 4 December 2017
The following documentation must be forwarded with the completed form:
- One copy of bachelor’s degree certificate from an institution accredited by the RTG Civil Service Commission.
- One copy of bachelor’s degree transcript.
- One copy of master’s degree certificate from an institution accredited by the RTG Civil Service Commission.
- One copy of master’s degree transcript.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores as specified by the doctoral executive committee, except for applicants who are native speakers or who graduated from undergraduate and graduate programs which both used English as the only teaching medium.
- Statement of purpose.
- Financial statement or letter of request for financial support.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Two passport photos.
- One copy of passport (foreign applicants).
- One copy of ID card and household registration (Thai applicants).
- Application fee.
Application materials must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee of 1,300 Thai Baht. The application fee can be paid in cash at the Educational Service Division, 3rd floor of Prince Naradhip Bongsprabandha Building, NIDA, or via bank transfer to:
|Bank:||Bangkok Bank (Swift Code BKKBTHBK)|
|Account Name:||NIDA. Doctor’s Degree and Part-time Master’s Degree Program School of Public Administration|
|Branch:||National Institute of Development Administration|
Applicants using bank transfer are required to attach proof of payment to their application documents.
English Language Proficiency
English language proficiency must be attested through official and valid TOEFL or IELTS scores. Applications may be admitted into the program according to the following plans:
Applicants submit application documents including official test scores that meet the following criteria:
|1)||TOEFL||(paper based)||550 or above|
|or||TOEFL||(computer based)||213 or above|
|or||TOEFL||(internet based)||79 or above|
|or||IELTS||6.0 or above|
|2)||Test scores must not be older than 2 years at the time of enrollment.|
Students admitted through the regular plan are not required to register for additional English language courses.
Applicants submit application documents including official test scores that fail to meet the above criteria.
Students admitted through the conditional plan must register for no less than two additional non-credit English language courses in accordance with NIDA regulations and submit official English language proficiency test scores that meet the following criteria prior to the date of their doctoral dissertation defense:
|1)||TOEFL||(paper based)||530 or above|
|or||TOEFL||(computer based)||193 or above|
|or||TOEFL||(internet based)||69 or above|
|or||IELTS||5.5 or above|
|2)||Test scores must not be older than 2 years at the time of submission.|
Applications are accepted as hard copies only and need to be sent to:
International Ph.D. Program Office
Graduate School of Public Administration (GSPA)
National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA)
118 Serithai Road, Klongchan, Bangkapi
1. Consideration of application documents and letters of recommendation.
2. English language proficiency.
3. Interview and/or assessment by the Ph.D. Program Executive Committee.
- Announcement Admission
- Basic Information
- Schedule of Classes 2017
- Fee & Credits
- Annoucement of NIDA on Qualification, Rule and Conditions of Scholarship
- Annoucement of NIDA on Qualification, Rule and Conditions of Scholarship (NO.2)
- Journals for Publishing
Update: 06-09-60 :
Source from : Doctor of Philosophy Program in Development Administration